June 6, 2016
MADISON HEIGHTS, Michigan – 168 Asian Mart, the largest Asian market in Michigan, celebrated their first anniversary with a special presentation to Gleaner Community Food Bank on Thursday, June 2, 2016. The 38,000 square foot market is located at 32393 John R Road in Madison Heights, MI.
The festivities will began at 9:00 a.m. with congratulatory remarks by state, county and city dignitaries that included: Mayor Brian Hartwell of Madison Heights; Director Irene Spanos of Oakland County of Economic Development & Community Affairs; Executive Director Bing Goei of the Michigan Office of New Americans.
Ricky Dong and his wife, Cindy Wang, presented a check for $2,000.00 and a pallet of 216 cases of Japanese instant noodles packets to Mr. Gerry Brisson, President of Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeast Michigan. Mr. Brisson thanked 168 Asian Mart for the monetary donation, which will help feed 6,000 people and was surprised to receive an additional donation of food for their pantry.
“We are very thankful for all the support and patronage of the community in our success of this past year,” said Ricky Dong, owner of 168 Asian Mart. “168 Asian Mart is pleased to give back to the community with our donation to Gleaners to feed the hungry and we will continue to build our relationships within the community.”
- #1 photo caption: Ricky Dong, Cindy Wang, owners of 168 Asian Mart and Gerry Brisson, President, Gleaners Community Food Bank
- #2 photo caption: Pallet of food donated to Gleaners
- #3 photo caption: Group photo of community leaders and dignitaries
168 Asian Mart information:
Address: 32393 John R Road (at 13½ mile in the Target Plaza), Madison Heights, MI
Store Hours: Sunday through Saturday, 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Store Employees: 40
168 Asian Mart features:
- Full service fresh seafood and shell fish selection
- Variety of Asian groceries and packaged snacks
- Authentic sauces, marinades, dumplings and rice to stock up your kitchen
- Variety of Asian beers and wines
- Delicious selection of ready-to-eat bento boxes and made-to-order entrees for lunch and dinner
- Asian bakery and Asian beverage station
- Asian style barbeque pig, roasted duck and roasted chicken
- A wide variety of fresh Asian and American fruit and vegetables
- Largest Asian beauty and hair products selection in Michigan
- Service counter offering special postal services to Asia
# # #