Interested in working at Gleaners? The following positions are currently available:
Posting Date: 7/24/2017
The Cooking Matters AmeriCorps member will work with Gleaners Community Food Bank Cooking Matters staff to implement effective hands-on courses and tours teaching families at risk of hunger that healthy cooking can be delicious, enjoyable-and most important-affordable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with chefs, nutrition educators and agency/site managers to implement courses and tours using Cooking Matters core curriculum and Cooking Matters at the Store curriculum.
- Complete all preparations for class including, but not limited to, assembling and transporting equipment, materials, and groceries, and preparing volunteer staff.
- Complete program evaluation and other program reporting documentation as necessary.
- Participate in actively seeking out, working with, and maintaining positive relationships with agencies serving low-income clients to host Cooking Matters courses and tours.
- Assist with the development of Cooking Matters outreach materials and handouts for Cooking Matters audience, as needed.
Volunteer Management and Training:
- Provide volunteer instructors with training and materials needed to teach courses and tours and make sure they follow procedures and course guidelines.
- Support and manage volunteer instructors during class to make sure they have all required materials and communicate key messages.
- Provide timely and consistent communications with volunteers.
- Identify and participate in opportunities to recruit volunteers. Build relationships with chefs, dietitians, nutritionists and other potential volunteers to maintain enough trained instructors to reach course goals.
- Provide recognition of volunteers.
- Help with special events such as volunteer appreciation/recognition events.
- Work with supervisor to set personal goals and follow the work plan created for the AmeriCorps National Direct Member.
- Maintain a high level of working knowledge related to hunger, nutrition standards, regulations, and trends.
- Collaborate with other Gleaners Community Food Bank departments, as necessary, to ensure high quality service to individuals within our network of agencies.
- Ensure all necessary course reporting is in order in database and network resource center.
- Complete additional reporting and communications contributions as required, which may include blog posts, newsletters, photographs, and volunteer and participant story gathering.
- Submit timesheets in accordance with AmeriCorps and Share Our Strength guidelines.
- Participate in national, state and other trainings as requested – some may require travel out of state.
View full description here.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sheryl Stoddard at email@example.com.