Winter is a tough time for families in need and sometimes they face tough choices: Pay for skyrocketing heating bills or put food on the table? For some, it means going without food to make sure their family stays warm during the brutal Michigan winter.Read more
My Neighborhood Mobile Grocery (MNMG) is a weekly pop-up market that provides families and individuals who have low access to affordable, healthy foods with a new and innovative shopping option within their communities.
MNMG offers a competitively-priced product mix of purchased food and incentives to increase consumption of milk, eggs and fresh fruits and vegetables. MNMG addresses both economic access as well as physical access to food and helps to reduce food insecurity by extending the shopper’s purchasing power. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work directly with customers to guarantee a quality shopping experience.
Volunteers are needed to greet and assist shoppers, assemble orders on truck, check and bag orders for customers, and assist with market set-up and tear-down. Volunteers must be age 18 or older. Please note that we cannot accommodate groups of more than five adults or court-ordered volunteers within this volunteer opportunity
Volunteer Contact: Erika Campbell, email@example.com or 866-GLEANER x 254.
Volunteer Hours & Locations:
- Mondays, 8:30 am - 10:30 am Park Place of Harper Woods (19460 Park Drive, Harper Woods)
- Mondays, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at Piquette Square for Veterans (6221 Brush Street, Detroit)
- Mondays, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm Gabrielle Apartments & Town Homes (14201 Second Ave., Highland Park)
- Mondays, 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm (Beginning, March 12) LaBelle Towers (33 LaBelle Street, Highland Park)
- Tuesdays, 8:30 am – 10:30 am at Parkview Place Senior Apartments (1401 Chene Street, Detroit)
- Tuesdays, 11 am – 1 pm at City View Senior Towers (4701 Chrysler Drive, Detroit)
- Tuesdays, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm at Village Center Apartments (901 Pallister Avenue, Detroit)
- Tuesdays, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Madison-Solberg Tower Apartments (27777 Dequindre Road, Madison Heights)
- Wednesdays, 9:00 am - 11:00 am at Lexington Village Senior Apartments (1310 Pallister Avenue, Detroit)
- Wednesdays, 11:00 am - 1:30 pm at Woodbridge Senior Village (1231 Selden Street, Detroit)
- Wednesdays, 4:00 pm-6:00 pm at Center Line Park Tower (8033 E 10 Mile Rd, Center Line)
- Thursdays, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm (Beginning, March 15) at Bowin Place (15400 W Seven Mile Rd, Detroit )
- Thursdays, 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm (Beginning, April 5) at McDonnel Tower (24300 Civic Center Drive, Southfield )