Interested in working at Gleaners? The following positions are currently available (EMAIL ONLY. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE):
Posting Date: 11/06/2019
Supports the food bank’s robust development program by safeguarding donor relationships through timely and cordial donor communications as well as ensuring the integrity of the donor data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately import and export gift data and other donor-related information into development software database (Raiser’s Edge) in a timely manner.
- Perform self-auditing to ensure data integrity.
- Configure and mail acknowledgement letters using Mail function in Development software database. Meet aggressive deadlines for gift entry and acknowledgement.
- Import credit card donations from website donor database (Luminate, Authorize.net and others as necessary). Ensure de-duplication of data is performed.
- Export donor files for direct mail vendor on monthly basis; comply with other vendor requests.
- Perform monthly reconciliation protocols with Finance Dept. including monthly credit card report.
- Run daily audit and daily gift reports.
- Process credit card donations of monthly donors and those from call-in donors. Run credit card expiration reports on a monthly basis and communicate with donors accordingly.
- Process matching gift and ACH transactions.
- Run pledge payment reports and send invoices for overdue pledges.
- Fulfill donor intentions per tribute and memorial gifts.
- Work with Stewardship to assure proper coding and soft crediting in Raisers Edge.
- Maintain gift documentation for grants and other large gifts in the media tab.
- Maintain files and database for recurring gifts.
- Assure that returned mail and change of address requests are handled promptly.
- Ensure coverage of donor phone line and respond to caller inquiries in prompt and professional manner, ensuring donor satisfaction.
- Run queries, reports, and mailing lists as requested.
- Be cross-functionally trained on all systems used for: direct mail, unsolicited, phone in, walk-in, lockbox donation records, internal donation records, double your donation day (DYDD) and online donor records.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including but not limited to mailings, tribute/memorial cards, printing envelopes and retrieving files.
- Demonstrate and support the Gleaners mission, vision and values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send resume and cover letter to Krista Cierpial at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gleaners is pleased to announce it's new internship opportunities! Internships are unpaid and are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please take a look at the openings below to see what Gleaners internship is a fit for you!
Gleaners operates a number of programs involving direct client interaction including My Neighborhood Mobile Grocery (MNMG), Food Hub at the Mercado, and Henry's Groceries for Health. MNMG is a nutrition-focused pop-up grocery for people with limited access to affordable, healthy foods in Madison Heights, Center Line, Southfield, Detroit and Highland Park. Food Hub is a client choice emergency food pantry operated in southwest Detroit. Henry's Groceries is a partnership with Henry Ford Health System offering home delivery of healthy food to patients experiencing food insecurity. Interns will have the opportunity to experience all three programs.
- Assist clients at emergency food pantry with shopping and encourage healthy food choices/cooking methods
- Ride in van with Gleaners staff member to help deliver boxes of food directly to people in their homes
- Orient new clients and assist returning clients at pop-up grocery locations
- Answer questions about My Mobile Money and Double Up Food Bucks incentive programs
- Enter client information into spreadsheets for documentation, follow up, and tracking purposes
- Track trends in order to give feedback to leadership
- Show interest and concern for all clients, treating them with respect and care