Hunger Free Summer Food Fight
July 15 - July 26
Monday, July 15 – Friday, July 26, 2019
You can make a difference for a hungry child this summer!
When school lets out, nearly 300,000 southeast Michigan children lose access to school-provided meals. By participating in the Hunger Free Summer Food Fight, you can help these kids enjoy a healthy and happy summer. The Food Fight is an annual food and fund collection in which organizations throughout the tri-county area compete against teams within their division to raise the most meals.
Every dollar donated this summer will provide six meals for hungry kids thanks to the matching gifts from Citizens Bank and many other generous sponsors.
We’ll provide the posters, collection boxes for food, canisters for monetary donations and a virtual food drive page to make secure online donations.
Last year, we had a great 23rd year, raising over 27,600 pounds of food and collecting over $44,000!. We hope to count you in this effort to feed children in need.
Check out our 2017 winners and participants below.
2017 Category Winners:
- Quicken Loans – Technology Team, 500+ Employees
- Crestmark Bank, 100+ Employees
- Behavioral Health Professionals, Inc. (BHPI), 75+ Employees
- Qualigence, 30+ Employees
- Mantese Honigman P.C., Under 25 employees
- First Congregational Church of Detroit, New Participant Award
- SMS Technical Services, Facebook Fan Favorite Award
See below for a complete list of participants – they are all winners!
- All State Fastener
- AT&T Jeopardy Resolution Team
- BDO USA, LLP
- Beaver Aerospace & Defense Inc.
- BNP Media
- SEL Engineering Services Inc.
- TD Auto Finance
- Toyota Boshoku America
- UHY LLP
- Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. – Detroit
- Citizens Insurance
- Columbia Center/Kirco Management
- Cornerstone Municipal Advisory Group & RDS Services, LLC
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Gabriel Ride Control
- Greater Harvest ministries
- Jack Henry & Associates
- Kennedy Industries
- MAHLE Industries, Inc.
- Mantese Honigman, P.C.
- Neiman Marcus Troy
- OHM Advisors
- Primary Colors Early Childhood Center LLC
- Quicken Loans – Technology