Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan is looking to hire additional staff to join their community mobile food distribution team! We have both line positions and lead positions available.
Demand for community mobiles continues to rise. On average, Gleaners hosts 40+ community mobile food distributions per month serving sites in Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties, providing nutritious food packs to over 16,000 households. These food distributions would not be possible without our community mobile team! Community Mobiles are in operation Monday through Friday and on Saturday mornings.
Each shift, food from the Gleaners warehouse is delivered and unloaded in the parking lot of different community mobile locations. Community Mobile team members are responsible for taking food off pallets, organizing food, and placing boxes and bags of food into individual vehicles as people pull through the line. Lead team members are additionally responsible for managing line set up, managing traffic, collecting intake paperwork for each car in line, and sending daily reports and paperwork to the supervisor.
These positions require team members to be on their feet, working outside in the elements (sunshine, rain, snow, cold, heat, etc.) for 3-4 hours per shift. Since community mobiles are in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties, it is possible that team members may have to travel from one county to another on any given day.
These positions are part time. Due to the nature of these distributions, we cannot guarantee hours. We strive to provide a consistent, ongoing weekly schedule, but this is not always possible. We prefer team members that can work consistent days/times each week, especially Thurs, Fri, Sat mornings, but we also offer scheduling flexibility for those with varied schedules.
- Part-Time - 15- 30hrs/wk with flexible scheduling
- Available shifts are M-Sat Mornings (8:30am-11:30am) and/or M-F Afternoons (1:30- 4:30pm)
- Thu, Fri & Saturday shift availability preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver License, Automotive Insurance, and own vehicle for travel.
- Travel to and commute between distribution locations in Wayne, Macomb, and Oakland counties is required and mileage is paid between morning and afternoon shifts.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather (e.g. heat, cold, rain, hail, snow, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to Stand, Bend, and Reach) for a period of 3 to 4 hours at one time.
- Line worker rate - $16.00/hour
If you are interested in being considered, please complete the questionnaire below and hit "Submit Form" when you are finished.