Written By: Jane Kovan
Let’s stay cool this summer and celebrate National Ice Cream Month with banana “nice” cream. Banana “nice” cream is the perfect guilt free summer treat, will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, and is super simple to make! Rather than your typical ice cream which is loaded with sugar and saturated fat, “nice” cream contains very few ingredients and is loaded with nutrients – vitamin B6, potassium, fiber, and magnesium. It also helps balance water in cells and flush out excess sodium in the body.
How to Make Banana “Nice” Cream: 2 Servings
2 bananas, sliced
4 tbsp milk, dairy or nut
Optional: favorite mix ins
- Peel Bananas, preferably ripe, and slice into 1 in chunks. Freeze.
- Thaw frozen bananas for a few minutes and place in blender or food processor
- Add a splash of your favorite milk and blend until soft serve like consistency
- Optional: add in your favorite mix ins and enjoy
Make it Your Own: Flavor Ideas
- Chocolate: Add 1 tbsp cacao powder, ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Strawberry: Replace 1 banana with 1 cup strawberries
- Peanut Butter: Add 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Mint chip: ½ tsp peppermint extract, ¼ cup chocolate chips